Will this be your first time visiting First Lutheran Church?
If so, here are somethings that you might want to know.
- Come as you are!
- Our congregation offers:
- A traditional worship service featuring hymnal liturgy and hymns at 8:30 a.m.
- A contemporary worship service blending hymns and praise songs is offered at 11:00 a.m.
- We invite families with little children into our worship time! We enjoy the sounds of little children and invite them to come up for the children’s sermon during the worship service! In the event your child becomes restless, there is a Nursery Room at the back of the church with sight and sound!
- Can I take communion? The Lord's Supper is celebrated at this congregation in the confession and glad confidence that, as he says, our Lord gives into our mouths not only bread and wine but his very body and blood to eat and to drink for the forgiveness of sins and to strengthen our union with him and with one another. Our Lord invites to his table those who trust his words, repent of all sin, and set aside any refusal to forgive and love as he forgives and loves us, that they may show forth his death until he comes.
- Because those who eat and drink our Lord's body and blood unworthily do so to their great harm and because Holy Communion is a confession of the faith which is confessed at this altar, any who are not yet instructed, in doubt, or who hold a confession differing from that of this congregation and The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, and yet desire to receive the sacrament, are asked first to meet with the pastor.
- "Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup." (1 Cor. 11:27-28) For further study, see Matthew 5:23f; 10:32f; 18:15–35; 26:26–29; 1 Cor. 11:17–34
- If you wish to become a member of First Lutheran and would like to learn more about what we believe, teach, and confess, we invite you to attend our adult information class. It is offered periodically throughout the year. Contact the church office to find out about dates and times.
- There is ample parking for everyone. There is designated parking for handicap/special needs as well as an area for visitors to park.